Daikin is the leading global manufacturer and supplier of HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) equipment, including heat pump and refrigeration solutions. The company provides innovative, premium quality indoor climate management solutions to meet the changing needs of our residential, commercial and industrial customers.
- Manage day to day operations on all Letter of Credit and Credit control management activities across UAE/Export/Affiliates business.
Trade Specialist: (20% of the job profile)
- Letter of Credit (L/C) includes both i.e. Standby Letter of Credit (SBLC) & Individual Letter of Credit (L/C).
- Letter of Credit Specialist is responsible of compiling all activities associated but not limited to L/C Draft Review, Establishment, Confirmation, Renewal, preparation and presentation of Documents, Encashment, pursuing acceptance from customer/bank.
- The above is conducted in compliance with Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits (UCP) and adhere to all Countries & Banking regulations.
- The candidate will conduct seminars and training for all affiliate Credit Managers in the day to day intricacies and usage of Letters of Credit and their suitability as a negotiable instrument.
- Design and managing the end to end process of L/C from Origination to Encashment until funds are sighted in the bank account.
- Manage L/Cs transaction for the group and resolve all outstanding issues associated to the L/C internally (within the organization) and externally (with customers/banks).
- Target at maximizing L/C collection
- Presenting documents against L/C on negotiation basis and ensuring no discrepancies are reflected in the presentation of documents.
- Explore new clauses which can be embedded in the L/C which protects the interest of the organization. Simplify the L/C Clauses with better negotiating terms with customers. Suggest better Inco Terms (C&F/CIF v/s DDU/DDP L/Cs) and better DDP clauses which can convert cash without customer dependance.
- Ensure the L/C documents presented before LC expiry and tracked until receipt at customers bank and pursue until confirmation of maturity dates are available from customer bank and then work towards crediting of funds on maturity.
Credit Management: (80% of the Job Profile)
- Working experience on Credit Insurance, dealers and distributers mechanism and open account management of customers
- Recommends credit limits for customers, handles special credit arrangements and deviations from standard payment terms
- Monitor ageing over 60 days, open account releases, on account and short payments; provide direction to O2C team on adjustments and resolution.
- Regular review of receivables ageing to identify accounts that require follow up communication and processes pending orders within the policies of the credit department
- Ensure accounts receivable balances are maintained at appropriate levels for the economic environment and business situation.
- Review and identify inefficiencies in processes and systems and recommend improvements, continuously seek out new ways to automate, streamline, or eliminate tasks in the credit department to improve processes and reduce costs.
- Consult with management and colleagues on complex collections and/or deduction situations requiring extraordinary efforts to resolve.
- Provide departmental guidelines, protect the group from unexpected losses, and increase profitability by assisting in writing policies and procedures for the credit department and company.
- Ownership and responsibility on portfolio of high value key customers, managing the full collection cycle including payment plans, block deliveries, dispute management and ensuring customer accounts are fully reconciled
- Monitoring debtor balances to ensure a reduction in DSO, overdue and bad debts and reporting.
- Develop reporting and analytics for senior management to monitor risk, collection activities, and trends. Provide reporting on highest risk accounts including recommendations for resolution.
- Should have experience with reporting metrics for the department head or Financial Reporting. In addition candidate will be available to accompany Relationship Managers on sales and customer calls to provide the specialist knowledge and application of the skills required for competent practice in a global scale. This position requires a highly organized individual with strong written and verbal business communication skills.
- Ensure monthly reporting are done as per deadline mentioned by group.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve goals, resolve problems, promote and implement solutions that enhance cross functional relationships and team performance
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Good business acumen for problem solving
- Excellent ability to set priorities to filter urgent and non-urgent issues in a high paced and demanding environment
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal in a thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective tools and techniques French and Arabic would be an added advantage.
- Positively influence others to achieve results that are aligned with best practice and business requirements
- Ability to drive continuous process and performance improvements for Daikin Group’s debtors’ ledger, covering both distributors, dealers, contractors, end users, B2B and B2C.
- Self-motivated and results driven, deploying effective tools & techniques
- Excellent team player, supporting and fostering teamwork
- Excellent customer and cross functional engagement skills, influencing at all levels to achieve goals
- Energetic approach and passion for delivering quality results supporting the Credit & Collection functions overall performance.
- Demonstrable proven track record in collection or other finance support functions.
- Working knowledge of SAP or similar ERP systems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office suite i.e. advanced excel, power point etc.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in Credit function and collection management with preferred experience in construction industry in UAE. Ideally with a large international B2B corporation.
- Should have handled Sales and releases of orders greater than US$ 50m + during a given financial year
- Age group 30~35,
- MNC working experience an advantage
- Accounting software SAP Knowledge preferred
- Exposure on Multi Currency handling
- Working knowledge on legal framework is an advantage
- BBA, CIMA (Commerce background)
- Excellent MS office Skills (Advance Excel, Word and Power point)
- Excel Level 3 knowledge a must (Macros, Pivot Table, Advance Excel formulas)
- Coordinate credit and administration support through the monitoring of past dues, document exceptions, collateral value monitoring, and covenant compliance.
- Consult with management and appropriate staff on complex collections and/or deduction situations requiring extraordinary efforts to resolve.
- Establish and maintain external business/industry relationships including banks, credit Insurers, collection agencies, credit bureaus and other credit associations.
- Build strong customer relationships to create maximum value; routinely communicate via email and telephone with customers and internal associates.
- Provide support to customer service and logistics.
- Provide backup coverage in the department during vacations, illnesses, absenteeism etc.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned on timely basis.
Daikin Middle East and Africa offers a varied and international feature, where you can work independently and where you can take initiative. You will work in a solid and growing company which is a world leader, encouraging its employees to flourish. You will be part of a professional and dynamic team, where team spirit is put forward. You will benefit from extensive internal and external coaching.
Daikin Middle East and Africa offers a package of competitive salary related to experience/talents.