Daikin is the leading global manufacturer and supplier of HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) equipment, including heat pump and refrigeration solutions. The company provides innovative, premium quality indoor climate management solutions to meet the changing needs of our residential, commercial and industrial customers.
- Take full charge and maintain a safe workplace and ensure safe working environment for all Customer Service employees, sub-contractor and stake holders in Customer workplace which may include customer sites as well.
- Provide safety induction, training and HSE information to all staff, sub-contractors and ASP’s (Authorized Service Provider).
- Regularly inspect work place for safe work practices and conditions and advise to correct unsafe acts and conditions.
- Provide up-to-date HSE information that is easy to understand and follow to workers, contractors and visitors. So that workers, contractors and visitors are made aware of the hazards they might face at workplace, the measures in place to control the risks and how to follow emergency procedures;
- Prepare Risk Assessments, SOP’s, Site Safety Plans, Emergency Preparedness & Response, & HSE Plan for department(s) and periodically update as required. Should act as Emergency Controller as well.
- Conducting frequent TBT’s (tool box talks), safety training, Basic Risk Assessment training for on-site & off-site staff.
- Should prepare and keep the HSE management system “Audit-Ready” all the time. Lead Customer Service as MR (management representative) to be certified for ISO45001:2018 in near future.
- Provide an appropriate level of consultancy & supervision, especially for new, inexperienced and fresh workers.
- Should be in-charge of Personal Protective Equipment, determine and define requirements, request for stock and issue with control & records.
- Arrange and display the health and safety visual reminders (Federal/Dubai Municipality’s HSE posters, signs, warning signs and other relevant reminders) at work place, in vehicles or where needed.
- Manage suitably stocked first aid boxes (back-office, vehicles & sites), arrange approved and certified training from 3rd party (in collaborations with HR) for appointed persons to administer first-aid, and ensure every employee in department is aware of their first-aid provider and their names & numbers displayed and communicated appropriately.
- Record & report all incidents as described below and keep incident register up-to-date and ensure that every accident/incident is reported to all concerned persons throughout the company, and in some cases, to the authorities;
- All near-miss incidents
- Injuries to people at work (office, warehouse, site, commute to/from work)
- Cases of industrial / work related diseases (which are circulated through government & local media)
- Perform periodic Mock Drills for different emergencies which must include but not limited to fire, natural calamity, environmental (chemical spill, refrigerant leak).
- Should review, quickly respond and take appropriate corrective and preventive actions on any non-conformance issued by customer, government agencies and interested parties.
- Maintain records of all HSE related training of staff, ASP’s, contractors and others. Should be able to analyze training needs and requirement of staff and arrange.
- Form a Customer Service Safety Council in collaboration with HQ and conduct regular meetings.
- Be Lead Auditor, prepare internal auditors’ team and arrange training for them perform cross department HSE audit periodically as well as suppliers and sub-contractor.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in the similar role
- Strong background Safety requirements
- In-depth knowledge of Risk Assessment for HVAC & Project activities
- Understanding of contractual terms
- HVAC Project execution business back ground
- Knowing Local process for Government (RTA/ Mawafaq/DEWA/Airports/ Police/etc. approvals for Project works.
- Diploma or Graduate with an Engineering Degree (Mechanical / Electrical or Equivalent)
- NEBOSH IGC-1, 2 and 3
- IOSH: Managing Safety
- Good English writing skills (Incident report, Audit report making, correspondence) to make and also verbal communication skill. Arabic Speaking preferable.
- Knowledge of MS office (Project, Word & PPT, Excel) is required to carry out the job
- Good interpersonal skills
- Highly flexible in working with multicultural organization
- To be firm on decisions and good Team Player
- Training skills – For safety talk and presentation
- Sense of urgency
- Passionate and enthusiastic
- Arabic Speaking with UAE experience
- HSE Performance
- Reporting of All Near misses, First aid cases and accidents
- Safety Audits
- Project execution target
- Profitability – Actual vs Budget
- Customer Satisfaction – Replacement Projects (Safety and Timely Completion rating)
Daikin Middle East and Africa offers a varied and international feature, where you can work independently and where you can take initiative. You will work in a solid and growing company which is a world leader, encouraging its employees to flourish. You will be part of a professional and dynamic team, where team spirit is put forward. You will benefit from extensive internal and external coaching.
Daikin Middle East and Africa offers a package of competitive salary related to experience/talents.