"Aiming for sustainable growth and a sustainable society through technological strength and outstanding human resources"
- Masanori Togawa, President and CEO, Daikin Industries, Ltd.
Air is essential to our existence, and our role in protecting it continues to expand. Since 1924, we have devoted ourselves with unbridled passion to overcome the ever-evolving challenges of air to become the leading manufacturer of air conditioning equipment. Leveraging our innovative technology, we deliver outstanding products and system solutions to provide comfortable and sustainable interior environments for all of the people and regions of the world.
This is, and always will be, the Daikin mission.
Our Promise :
For forward thinking consumers and businesses, Daikin is the sustainable climate solutions partner from A to Z which ensures our customers’ comfort with peace of mind because Daikin has always been a reliable forerunner in innovation.
Our 4 Core Values are Comfort - Reliability - Sustainability - Human
Daikin Europe N.V.
As a fully owned subsidiary of Daikin Industries Limited, Daikin Europe N.V. (DENV) represents Daikin administration, development, assembly and sales in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Headquartered in Ostend, Belgium, our European production facilities also extend to Plzen and Brno, Czech Republic, Güglingen, Germany and Hendek, Turkey.
Today, the Daikin Europe Group boasts a powerful sales network of 24 affiliate companies, 5 branches and an entire network of independent distributors and sales contacts in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
Daikin, is a Global Leader in Developing & manufacturing all Air Conditioning, Heating, Ventilation, & Refrigerant solutions for Residential, Commercial & Industrial applications. Daikin Industries is headquartered in Osaka, Japan.
Daikin Middle East & Africa is the Regional Office of Daikin Industries in the region, responsible for promoting, selling & after Market Support for the full range of Air Conditioning products & systems (DX, VRV, Chillers, Air Side, MCP) in all GCC, Region, Middle East & Africa.
Leading in Innovation and Quality
Bringing comfort and industrial solutions to homes and businesses while respecting the increased concern for the environment, demands the highest levels of innovation and quality. To our credit belong industry revolutions such as VRV and inverter control, technologies that continue to translate themselves into new levels of efficiency and comfort. We are also the only equipment manufacturer in the industry to be involved in developing better refrigerants that are safer for our environment.
The Daikin solution
Total comfort and service demands a complete product range: Air Purification, Splits, VRF Systems, Applied Products, Air Handling Units, & Fan Coil Units. All of our offerings benefit from the same technological excellence and attention to quality that have marked Daikin products from the beginning.
About Daikin Middle East & Africa
Incorporated on March 2006, Daikin Middle East & Africa is the Regional Sales office, responsible for promoting, selling & After Market Service & Support for all Air Conditioning products, covering United Arab Emirates, GCC, Middle East & Africa.
About Daikin Air Conditioning Saudi Arabia
Aiming to be present Locally, Daikin had established our local office in Saudi Arabia: Daikin Air Conditioning Saudi Arabia, incorporated December 2013, located in Riyadh, with around 70 Employees, showroom, Service & parts Center & Training center.
About Daikin Egypt Air Conditioning
Aiming to be present Locally, Daikin had established our local office in Cairo, Egypt: Daikin Egypt Air Conditioning, incorporated August 2016, located in Cairo, with around 30 Employees, showroom, Service & parts Center & Training center.
Daikin Europe N.V. at a glance
€ Cons. turnover
€ Cons. operating profit
Daikin Europe N.V. - Consolidated Financial Highlights
(in millions of euro's)
|Profit before tax||229||131||185||177||179|
- Figures are in million EUR, Belgian GAAP
- Employees: excluding interims
- Source (P/L & B/S): https://www.nbb.be/en/central-balance-sheet-office
* Daikin Turkey & ServiceNed B.V. 15 months
** Daikin Airconditioning Central Europe Group & ROTEX Heating Systems Group 15 months
*** McQuay Hellas S.A. Rotex Italy 15 months
- R-32 RA Inverter for Africa
- Launch 6HP Mini VRV for HA
- Acquisition of AHT, an Austrian company specialised in refrigeration showcases for supermarkets and is a leading player in the commercial refrigeration market in Europe.
- Acquisition of Recair Indutrade Group and will become the Finnish Sales office (DEFO) in order to strengthen the position of Daikin in the Scandinavian market.
- Acquisition of Norwegian distributor Friganor AS. In Norway a new affiliate has been established, DANO.
- Flanders Holdings LLC, the air filter manufacturer in U.S. is acquired.
- The giant "Dai Pichon-kun" billboard appears in Umeda, Osaka.
- The highest class certification of "Eruboshi" was granted with the enforcement of the Act on Promotion of Women's Participation and Advancement in the Workplace.
- Daikin Airconditioning New Zealand Ltd. is established.
- Dinair AB, an air filter manufacturer in Sweden is acquired.
- Bluevolution product range, which includes residential, light commercial air applications, and the Roundflow Cassette. All systems are equipped with the revolutionary R-32.
- Daikin Air Conditioning Egypt (DAEG).
Daikin acquired Zanotti
- Offer worldwide, free access to patents for equipment using next-generation refrigerant, R-32.
- Goodman established new base in U.S. state of Texas.
- Acquires refrigerant business in Europe from leading chemical group Solvay S.A.
- Technical assistance to Thailand for next generation refrigerant R-32.
- Publishes "Ninety years' company history".
- White House recognizes air conditioner and chemical manufacturer Daikin for commitment to reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions.
- Completion of the "Technology and Innovation Center".
- Publishes its policy and comprehensive actions on the environmental impact of refrigerants.
- VRV IV HA in GCC
- Jebel AHU factory becomes Eurovent-Certified
- ESMA/Estidama DX line up
- First R-32 Inverter Split in GCC
- Brand unification, Daikin Middle East and Africa
- Launch the world-class VRV IV heat recovery solution.
- Establish McQuay as Daikin Applied Europe (DAE), to strengthen the Daikin brand identity and consolidate leadership in the HVAC-R market.
- Participation begins for "Smart Community Project in Greater Manchester, UK".
- Daikin presents its first exhibit at the global design festival "Fuori Salone".
- The "Forests for the Air" project starts as a Daikin social contribution celebrating the 90th anniversary of its founding.
- Achieves 10 million production of packaged air conditioners.
- The VRV X Series, which substantially improves year-round operating efficiency, is launched.
- CDP selects Daikin Industries as a Climate Performance Leader.
- Field test starts for micro-hydro power generation for water pipelines in Nanto-shi, Toyama.
- Daikin's environmental education program wins award for excellence at Career Education Awards sponsored by METI.
- SASO DX line up in KSA
- Celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the first DENV facility in Ostend, Belgium
- Establish Daikin Air-Conditioning Saudi Arabia, in a joint venture with RIRAC
- Launch of Ururu Sarara Product Range, the first European air to air heat pump system with R-32 Refrigerant
- Expands use of refrigerant R-32 to India.
- Residential air conditioner Urusara 7 receives various awards including a "Prime Minister's Award" of the 5th Monodzukuri Nippon Grand Awards for excellent engineering, a "Minister Prize of Economic, Trade and Industry," of Energy Conservation Grand Prize for excellent energy conservation equipment, and a Red Dot Design Award.
- Daikin opens a new solutions plaza Fuha: Osaka.
- An agreement with Kyoto University for a comprehensive partnership is concluded with the aim of creating a new social value by integration of the arts and sciences.
- TSP, a leading distributor of commercial HVAC equipment in Indonesia, is acquired.
- "FIVE STAR ZEAS" air conditioner for stores and offices that is the first commercial air conditioner to use the refrigerant R-32, is marketed.
- Daikin Asahikawa Laboratory is established with the aim of expanding the heater and hot water supply system business.
- Daikin acquired Goodman
- Daikin Opens JA AHU Factory
Launch of the 3000 TR Chiller (WCT Series)
- ZEAS series featuring the world's first all aluminum constructed "microchannel heat exchanger" is marketed.
- RakuAir, the first residential air conditioner in Japan to use design psychology in development, is marketed.
- Daikin is adopted by METI as Manager to Promote the Introduction of an Energy Management System (BEMS aggregator).
- PT. Daikin Airconditioning Indonesia is established as an air conditioning system sales company.
- Goodman, Major U.S. residential unitary company is acquired to build a solid base for positioning Daikin as the leading company in the global air conditioner market.
- "Urusara 7," featuring the world's first adoption of the next generation refrigerant R-32 in a residential air conditioner, is marketed.
- Daikin-Sauer-Danfoss Ltd., which performs all activities of product development, manufacturing, and sales of oil hydraulic equipment used in construction machinery, is established.
- DESICA HOME AIR, a residential use control unit for humidity and ventilation of an entire building, is marketed.
- Acquire Turkish Heating and Air Conditioning Manufacturer, Airfel.
- Establish the European Development Centre (EDC).
- Receive Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) certification, which recognises our commitment to fair and responsible EU trade.
- Air conditioning sales subsidiaries in Japan are reorganized to establish a subsidiary specializing in sales for mass retailers.
- Daikin Air Survey Team, which verifies simple customer concerns, is formed.
- Miharimo power saver controller and Soine sleep time controller are marketed.
- DESICA, commercial-use air treatment unit for controlling humidity, wins Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry Invention Award at the National Commendation for Invention
- Agreement is conducted with the Shiretoko Nature Foundation and Towns of Shari and Rausu to support environmental protection on the Shiretoko Peninsula
- Daikin becomes first Japanese company awarded "Best Employers for Workers Over 50 Award" by the AARP (former the American Association of Retired Persons.)
- ZESTIA marine container refrigeration unit is marketed.
- Daikin opens a new solutions plaza Fuha: Tokyo.
- Daikin Air Conditioning (Suzhou) Co., Ltd. is established in Suzhou, China as Daikin's largest air conditioning production base for air conditioning equipment.
- "VRV Energy-Saving Tuning" service is received the Prize for eco-friendly products.
- Daikin/Arkema joint venture company starts production of new refrigerant in China.
- Three local sales subsidiaries of Oil Hydraulic machineries are integrated into " Daikin Hydraulic Engineering Co., LTD.'"
- Daikin and Nippon Valqua form capital alliance for fluoropolymer business in China.
- Daikin Altherma Flex Type for apartment buildings and collective housing.
- Nexura, a stylish heating and cooling unit with a radiant front panel for optimal comfort.
- Eco-ZEAS80 energy-saving inverter type air conditioner.
- Commercial-use air purifier equipped with flash streamer.
- McQuay Hellas (Greece).
- An international project to design net-zero energy buildings in Germany.
- Accept the international Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS) 18001 certificate to ensure the safety of employees, subcontractors, visitors and the surrounding communities.
- Daikin McQuay Solutions Plaza in the New York, U.S.A. to exhibit cutting-edge, large-scale air conditioning equipment.
- Commemorative campaign "Pichonkun Car Goes on a Eco Road Trip" is conducted to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Pichonkun's debut.
- ZEFFLE Infrared Reflective Coating, a coating using 4-fluoro type fluoropolymer coatings, wins the energy award in Lloyd's List Global Awards 2009.
- Water-cooled VRV units are delivered to 2010 FIFA World CupTM stadiums in South Africa.
- Flash Streamer Antibacterial Unit for Buses is developed as first application of Flash Streamer technology.
- Kälteanlagen Import GmbH, which becomes the Daikin Europe Hamburg Marine Office.
- The applied and service business of ACT.
- Japan's major air filter company Nippon Muki Co., Ltd.
- The Daikin Altherma High Temperature heat pump.
- Daikin Emura: a wall mounted unit recognised for its award-winning design.
- "Hexagon Module Chiller" for buildings and factories.
- Residential heat pump hot water heater for the Chinese market.
- Ururu Sarara (R Series) air conditioner featuring the world's first 4-directional airflow (up, down, left, and right).
- The ZEAS Refrigeration Condensing Unit for deep freezing applications
- Daikin Altherma Low Temperature becomes the first heat pump to receive a European Ecolabel for its outstanding environmental performance.
- Development and testing facility at the Daikin McQuay Applied Development Center in the United States.
- A new factory at Daikin Sunrise Settsu Co., Ltd.
- Commemorative campaign is conducted to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Daikin room air conditioner.
- Air Conditioning Network Service System II, a remote monitoring system for air conditioners, begins.
- Daikin MR Engineering Co.,Ltd. starts operation.
- Daikin becomes first in the air conditioning industry to be endorsed as Eco First Company.
- The remote energy-saving tuning service wins the Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry Award in Eco Product Award.
- Production Agreement with Gree Electric Appliances.
- Daikin Human Support Co., Ltd. is merged.
- German heating manufacturer Rotex GmbH to expand the Daikin product range and strengthen our position in the heating market.
- McQuay International FZE in the Middle East, McQuay Szanyo and Szanyo Service in Central Europe, and Swedish distributor Svenska Daikin A.B., (now known as Daikin Sweden A.B.).
- Daikin Airconditioning Korea Co., Ltd.
- Establish Daikin as the sole owner of Itho Air Conditioning B.V., (now known as Daikin Air Conditioning Netherlands).
- Launch the Roundflow Cassette: an R-410A ceiling mounted cassette with a 360º radial airflow pattern for improved, uniform airflow and temperature distribution.
- Turkey Office is established in Istanbul, Republic of Turkey.
- "The Clear Force," air purifier with humidifying and dehumidifying features is marketed.
- A water-based fluoropolymer coating material with superior anti-stain and weather resistance properties is jointly developed with LANXESS Deutschland GmbH.
- "DESICA," heat pump desiccant humidity control OA unit, is marketed.
- A company for production and sale of hydrofluoric acid is established with China Centralfluoro Industries Group Co., Ltd.
- A joint venture company is established in China with French company Arkema Incorporated to market new refrigerant for air conditioners.
- Daikin Refrigeration (Suzhou) Co., Ltd. is established in China for the production of marine container refrigeration units.
- "OPTOOL DAC," fluorine UV curing type antifouling agent.
- Ladies professional golfer Shinobu Moromizato signs endorsement contract with Daikin.
- Ururu Sarara: the world’s first split air conditioner offering air conditioning, purification, humidity control and ventilation in a single package.
- Daikin Altherma: a new heat pump for the home heating market. The all-in-one system provides heating, domestic hot water production and cooling (optional).
- Daikin Air Conditioning South Africa as a DENV affiliate.
- Daikin Middle East Office as a sales affiliate in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Daikin Air Conditioning Greece SA as a subsidiary of DENV.
- Daikin Device Czech Republic s.r.o, a compressor factory in Brno, to supply compressors for our factory in Plzen.
- Daikin Europe Irish Office.
- OYL Industries, parent company of McQuay International, AAF International and J&E Hall by DIL. These acquisitions allow DENV to broaden its product range to include air handling units and large chillers.
- Establish Daikin Europe Moscow Representation Office.
- Give full responsibility to DENV to serve markets in Africa and the Middle East.
- Ururu Sarara F Series featuring a temperature control for comfortable sleep is marketed.
- Solutions Plaza Shanghai opens in Shanghai, China, as China's first large-scale showroom specialized for air conditioners.
- Collaboration agreement is concluded with US Dow Corning Corporation in the exploration of new areas of fluorosilicone chemistry.
- Business tie-up agreement is concluded with Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd in the field of gas heat pump type air-conditioning (GHP).
- Daikin Environmental Laboratory, Ltd. and Daikin Air Conditioning R&D Laboratory Ltd. are integrated to establish Daikin Air-Conditioning and Environmental Laboratory, Ltd.
- The CSR Committee and the CSR Department is established to promote CSR activities of the entire Group.
- A holding company Daikin Holdings (USA), Inc. and an air conditioning sales company Daikin AC (Americas), Inc. are established in the United States.
- Acquire a third UK distributor, MacQueen Air Conditioning.
- Establish Daikin Device Czech Republic s.r.o, a compressor factory in Brno, to supply compressors for our factory in Plzen.
- Daikin Airconditioning Portugal S.A. is established in Lisbon, Portugal, as an air conditioning sales company.
- UX Series, a wall-mounted inverter type air conditioner with slim and compact design, is marketed.
- Super Unit oil hydraulic equipment wins the Japan Machinery Federation’s Chairman Award for an excellent energy conservation machinery.
- Group companies in Japan acquire integrated ISO 14001 certification for the environment.
- The executive officer system is introduced.
- Daikin Applied Systems Co, Ltd. is established to manufacture and sell central air conditioning equipment and provide design, installation, sales, and service of air conditioning and refrigerant systems.
- Daikin Motor (Suzhou) Co., Ltd., is established in Suzhou, China, as a joint venture company with Matsushita Electrical Industrial Co., Ltd. to produce and sell compressor motors for air conditioners.
- Commemorative project for the 80th anniversary of Daikin's foundation is launched.
- A new corporate symbol is established for common use among the Daikin Group. worldwide.
- The share unit amount is reduced to 100 shares.
- Establish Daikin Industries Czech Republic s.r.o. factory in Plzen, Czech Republic to centralise the production of residential indoor and outdoor units.
- Increase UK presence by acquiring two former Daikin distributors in the UK: Cooling Services and Pillinger Air.
- Daikin Air-Conditioning Technology Co., Ltd. starts business in Beijing, Shanghai, and Guangzhou as industry’s first wholly foreign-owned service company in China.
- "NEOFLON" EFEP is developed.
- Corporate Ethics Committee and Corporate Ethics Department are established.
- "Ve-up Q" multi-split type air conditioner for replacement use is marketed.
- Daikin Air Conditioning (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. and Daikin Central Airconditioning (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. are established in Shanghai, China, as a production base for air conditioning equipment.
- Daikin has achieved top market share of residential air conditioners throughout the fiscal year of 2003.
- Shiga Plant has achieved a production total of 15 million room air conditioners.
- Titanium apatite photocatalyst filter is developed and commercialized for the first time in the world.
- Tsinghua University in China and Daikin form a tie-up to develop air conditioning technology and establish the Tsinghua-Daikin R&D Center at Tsinghua University as an R&D base in China.
- Operates a factory in Changshu for Daikin Fluorochemicals(China) Co., Ltd.
- Daikin Device (Suzhou) Co., Ltd is established in Suzhou, China as a production base for compressors of air conditioners.
- The technology for an egg antibody bio filter, which captures influenza virus in the air, is developed.
- Establish Daikin Airconditioning Italy.
- Achieved zero waste of resources at all mechanical departments.
- EcoCute, a natural refrigerant (CO2) heat pump type water heater, is marketed.
- Nationwide development of fluorocarbon recovery and destruction business begins.
- The 11th Annual Grand Prize for the Global Environment is given by the Nikkan Kogyou Shimbun.
- Conveni-Pack ZEAS-AC, integrated system for refrigerators, freezers and air conditioning, is developed.
- Our Group Philosophy is established.
- Establish Daikin Air Conditioning Spain SA.
- The EcoRich hybrid oil hydraulic pumps is marketed.
- Immunity measurement equipment business (Evanet) is transferred.
- The Matsushita-Daikin Air Conditioning Development Center is established.
- The research department is split into three companies: Daikin Air Conditioning R&D Laboratory, Ltd., Daikin Systems & Solutions Laboratory, Ltd., and the Daikin Environmental Laboratory, Ltd.
- Daikin-Shriram Airconditioning, Ltd. is established in New Delhi, India as an air conditioning system sales company.
- Daikin Institute of Advanced Chemical Technology is established in U.S.
- Operation of Antsense is transferred and the ME department is abolished.
- "Super Inverter ZEAS," which substantially reduces the burden on the environment and overcomes the 3 environmental issues of new refrigerant, energy saving, and recycling, is marketed.
- Ice thermal storage VRV multi-split type air conditioner is marketed.
- The Daikin Foundation for Contemporary Arts is established.
- The Energio Super energy-saving absorption-type water chiller/heater is developed and marketed.
- Xi'an Daikin Qing'an Compressor Co., Ltd. is established in Xi'an, China, as a joint venture company.
- A.C.E. Daikin (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. is established in suburban Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, as an air conditioning sales company.
- Transfer production of VRV, Sky Air and Multi-Split systems from Japan to Europe.
- Launch the revolutionary swing compressor.
- Daikin America's Decatur Plant establishes a facility to produce fluoropolymer "NEOFLON" FEP and ETFE.
- Shanghai Daikin Yah Chong Airconditioning Co., Ltd. is established in Shanghai, China, as a joint venture company and begins production of commercial-use air conditioners in 1996.
- Celebrate the inauguration of a new DENV factory totalling 25.000m².
- Establish the Daikin UK Office and warehouse to support distributor sales.
- Incorporate the latest audiovisual technology in the Daikin Training Centre.
- Establish Daikin Air Conditioning France.
- "Air Conditioning Network Service System," 24-hour online monitoring system for business air conditioners, is marketed.
- Daikin Sunrise Settsu, Ltd., a joint venture formed with Osaka Prefecture and Settsu City, is established to employ people with disabilities. Operations begin in 1994.
- Invest 45 million euro to expand the premises and production lines of DENV.
- Launch the VRV heat recovery series, which offers simultaneous cooling and heating from different indoor units on the same refrigerant circuit.
- Daikin America, Inc. and MDA Manufacturing, Inc. are established in the U.S.A. as fluorocarbon polymer production and sales companies.
- The factory begins operation in 1994. An HFC-134a production plant is established within Kashima Factory and begins production.
- A low-noise, high-safety multilevel parking system is marketed.
- Daikin Industries (Thailand) Ltd. is established in Thailand and begins production of air conditioners in 1991.
- The MEC Laboratory is established in Tsukuba, Ibaraki.
- VRV inverter system, capable of operating up to eight indoor units from one outdoor unit.
- Inverter capacity control to increase the flexibility and efficiency of VRV systems.
- Launch the original VRV air conditioning system in Europe, which is able to operate up to four indoor units from one outdoor unit.
- Establish DENV as new sales centre.
- A VRV system enabling individual control for each floor is installed in the Umeda Center Building.
- Mol-Graph three-dimensional molecular design software is marketed.
- Headquarters are moved to the Umeda Center Building.
- Daikin Airconditioning (Thailand) Ltd. is established in Chonburi, Thailand, as an air conditioning manufacturing and sales company.
- Launch first VRV (Variable Refrigerant Volume) system on the Japanese market - which is met with immediate success.
- Fluoropolymer PFA and ETFE is marketed.
- World's first commercial multi-split type air conditioner is marketed.
- Single-screw refrigerator is developed.
- The Comtec computer graphics system is marketed.
- Siam Daikin Sales Co., Ltd. is established in Bangkok, Thailand, as an air conditioning manufacturing and sales company.
- Daikin Airconditioning Belgium N.V. is established in suburban Brussels as an air conditioning sales company.
- Kanaoka Factory is established in Sakai Plant, where full-scale production of commercial air conditioner begins.
- Development of Neoflon fluorocarbon polymer (copolymer of tetrafluoroethylene and hexafluoropropylene) begins. Product is successfully marketed in 1974.
- Osaka Kinzoku Kogyo Co., Ltd. is renamed Daikin Kogyo Co., Ltd. (Renamed Daikin Industries, Ltd. in 1982)
- Acquisition of TEWIS.
- "VRV compressor retrofit system," a maintenance service which reduces the usage of energy significantly in the existing air conditioning equipment in buildings receives the “Minister Prize of Economic, Trade and Industry” from METI, the highest award for conserving energy.
- Total sales of air conditioners using HFC-32 (R32), a refrigerant with low global warming potential (GWP), reaches 10 million units in more than 50 counties.
- Daikin Texas Technology Park, the largest air conditioner manufacturing factory in Daikin for North American market, is opened in Texas, U.S.A.
- DK-Power, Ltd., a subsidiary of Daikin Industries, Ltd., which generates power through micro hydroelectric power generating system is established.
- Daikin acquires Airmaster Corporation Pty Ltd., a leading company in Australia in the fields of service and solution for air conditioning equipment.
- Daikin and Osaka University concludes a comprehensive collaborative agreement aiming to create innovation by combining the expertise of HVAC and AI / IoT field.
- Daikin Chemical Southeast Asia Co., Ltd. is established.
- Daikin acquires Heroflon S.p.A., an Italian manufacturer of fluoropolymer compounds.
- "Risora," a wall mounted residential air conditioner and "Cocotas," a multi-cassette-type air conditioner for small spaces is marketed to meet the various array of needs in living environments.
- Daikin launches “Daikin Information and Communications Technology College,” a training program to secure AI/IoT experts.
- Air Cooled Single Screw Inverter Chiller, EWAD-MZ Series